Terms & Conditions
"Owner" means Britaniacrest Recycling Ltd. 24-26 Reigate Road, Hookwood, Surrey, RH6 0HJ.
"Vehicle" means the owners designated vehicle which is delivering or collecting the skip, which is the subject of the contract.
"Driver" means the driver of the vehicle.
"Skip" means any size bin, receptacle or container designed or adapted for the contract.
"Hirer" means the customer/person/ organization, or his representative, who has ordered the service.
"The site" means the place where the skip/bin is deposited on the directions of the hirer.
The owner enters into agreements with the hirer for the hire/ transport of skip(s) and recycling/disposal of contents upon the following conditions.
1. No agent or employee of the owner is permitted to alter or vary these conditions in any way or to give any consent unless he is authorized in writing by the owner to do so.
2. The owner will use his best endeavor to comply with the hirer's requirements but can accept no responsibility for failure to supply or for any delay in supplying skips or the service which may be caused directly or indirectly by any circumstance beyond the owner's control ,or any unforeseen or abnormal conditions , or by any act or neglect on the part of the hirer.
3. (a) The owner reserves the right to collect the skip at any time without giving prior notice.
(b) The hirer shall save harmless and keep the owner indemnified against any claim, demand or penalty arising out of the presence of the skip on site and which could not have been made or inflicted had the skip not been placed on the site.
4. The hirer shall direct the driver where to deposit or pick up the skip.
5. Where the driver is directed to deposit or pick up the skip on or from a site which is off a highway, the owner shall be under no liability whatsoever to the hirer for any damage howsoever caused whilst the vehicle and its load is off the highway, other than such as might have been caused by negligent driving on the part of the driver. Without prejudice to the generality of Condition 3(b) the hirer ,subject to the above, shall save harmless and keep the owner indemnified against any claim or demand which could not have been made had the driver not been so directed. The hirer will compensate the owner for any damage to the vehicle or skip which would not have occurred had the driver not been so directed and which is not due to any negligent driving on the part of the driver.
6. The time allowed for depositing or picking up a skip is ten minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this after arrival the hirer shall be liable for reasonable demurrage.
7. The hirer shall ensure that all permissions required before skips can lawfully be deposited on the site, including the permission required under Section 139 of the Highways Act 1980, have been or will be obtained before he directs the driver to deposit the skip.
8. The hirer shall not move the skip from the site without the consent of the owner.
9 (a). The hirer shall ensure that material to be removed by the owner does not come within the definition of "hazardous waste" contained in the Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2005 and the List of Wastes (England) Regulations 2005. If any material to which the said definition applies is placed in any skip the hirer shall immediately give notice to the owner.
(b). The hirer must be aware of any applicable regulations under Sections 33 and 34 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 relating to "Duty of Care" and must not detrimentally render the owner liable in any way.
10. The hirer shall ensure that from the time the skip is deposited until it is picked up by the owner:-
(a) It is properly sited in accordance with the permission given, if on the highway.
(b) It is properly marked with cones and lights during the hours of darkness, if on the highway.
(c) No fires are lit in it.
(d) It is filled no higher than the top of its sides. (Level loads only).
(e) It suffers no damage, except fair wear and tear, or loss of skip.
11. Notwithstanding the terms of Condition 10 it shall be the owners responsibility to ensure compliance with any condition imposed by a Highway Authority relating to the marking of the skip with reflective devices.
12. The owner will remove or reposition a skip if required at any time to do so by a Highway Authority or a Police Officer in uniform under section 140 of the Highways Act 1980, and may impose any reasonable costs incurred on the hirer.
13. The owner shall ensure that the skip is clearly and indelibly marked with his telephone number or address.
14. Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing the hirer shall fill the skip within the agreed period of hire and shall inform the owner in good time of its readiness for collection or exchange.
15. Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing the owner agrees to dispose of the contents of the skip.
16. The owner is not liable for any damage caused to private property when directed off public highways.
17. All skip sizes are approximate measurements only.
18. There is a 4 weeks maximum hire period, then £25.00 per additional week rental.
NO asbestos, plasterboard, mattresses, fridges, freezers, tyres, oils, batteries, TV and computer monitors, fluorescent tubes, gas cylinders, fire extinguishers, clinical or medical waste, other EA defined hazardous wastes, unless by prior arrangement.